VACANCY – PLANT ENGINEER
One of the largest of Southern Africa’s Cotton spinning mills, based in Pietermaritzburg, is seeking an experienced Electrical or Mechanical Engineer. Established in 1964, this production plant produces quality yarns on the world’s most modern rotor spinning machines.
Employment type: Full-time
Qualifications: BSc Electrical Engineering / BSc Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent technical qualification (Higher National Diploma)
Government Certificate of Competency (Factories) Preferable
PrEng certification will be an advantage, as will a Lean Six Sigma qualification (e.g. Green Belt / Black Belt)
The ideal candidate must have 8 -10 years’ experience in an industrial environment – preferably textiles. Require exposure to AC/DC drives, PLC’s, Relays, Reticulation systems, maintenance systems and refrigeration systems. Must have the ability to manage and improve maintenance systems, interpret and analyse statistical information, and manage spend to budget. Candidate must also have Project management experience and proven Leadership ability.
The Plant Engineer will:
- Report directly to the Plant Production Manager, and will be a key member of the site production team.
- Assume responsibility for the electrical reticulation system and ensure the safe and smooth running of all equipment and machinery (Electrical, mechanical, electronic, air conditioning)
- Ensure compliance to all relevant statutory and legislative requirements, including Health and Safety, environmental impact, and risk management.
- Be responsible for the maintenance programme on site (including site maintenance strategy, preparing annual maintenance budgets, planned maintenance and the proper execution of these plans, and reporting on maintenance performance against defined metrics and objectives)
- Manage and develop the plant maintenance team of 20 employees
- Monitor and report on utilisation of utilities to ensure achievement of budgeted consumption targets
- Implement cost saving initiatives and projects, to achieve company productivity targets
- Liaise with outside authorities – municipality, suppliers and consultants, government departments etc.
How to apply:
Should you meet the requirements please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to apply. Application deadline 18 October 2017
Correspondence to be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us, please consider your application unsuccessful